[FASTCGI] Long delay *after* PHP processing

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Mon Feb 7 14:47:07 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Tom Bowden <charles_thomas at mac.com>
wrote:
> Just off the cuff thoughts on this -- it could be that the webhost
> doesn't want to allocate that much scheduled time to one process that
> is not actively processing on a task.

Hm, I doubt that. The problem also happens with just one second as sleep
time. And it also happens when the task is doing something. Furthermore,
it would be a weird punishment: Let the task run one minute instead of
one or two seconds.

In fact, as someone familiar with the Bluehost setup has pointed out by
private email, it may not be an issue with FastCGI at all. And that's my
suspicion too: When you compare Date headers, you notice that the HTTP
response is actually created on time. But somehow it is sent back to the
client only after one minute.

Anyways, I am in the process of migrating the project away from Bluehost
to Amazon EC2. Would never have put it on Bluehost in the first place,
but it wasn't my choice.