[FASTCGI] fastcgi patch

Richard Browne fastcgi at richb.net
Fri Feb 4 06:19:10 EST 2011

Hi there

There is a problem with the current fastcgi library that causes an fcgi process to terminate repeatedly when it shouldn't. I believe, but I am not sure, that the problem only manifests on Windows/IIS. I encountered this problem myself with our fastcgi exe, and fortunately someone else already found and fixed the problem last year in Oct 2010.

Here is a link to the relevant discussion on Perl Monks:

And here is the patch they made to fix the problem:

It seems on IIS STDIN must be emptied after each request. I applied this patch and our fcgi exe is now working perfectly on IIS. I thought it would make sense to let the fastcgi maintainers know about this problem so the official sources can be updated.

Kind Regards
-richard browne