[FASTCGI] fastcgi installation issues.

Jeremy Sandell jlsandell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 11:14:52 EST 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 6:43 AM, Bhaskar Patil <Bhaskar.Patil at uk.tiscali.com
> wrote:

>  The second is, I am not able to compile mod_fastcgi. Apache version is
> 2.2.3 and I am following the procedure in INSTALL.AP2.
>
> After copying Makefile.AP2 to Makefile, I run (running this as root):
>
> make top_dir=/etc/httpd
>
> # make top_dir=/etc/httpd
>
> Makefile:12: /etc/httpd/build/special.mk: No such file or directory
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `/etc/httpd/build/special.mk'.  Stop.
>

> Please advise.
>

> Regards,
>
> *---*
>
> *Bhaskar Patil*
> Software Engineer
>
> *tel:    *+44 (0)1438 363728
> *fax: * +44 (0)1438 363710
> Bhaskar.Patil at uk.tiscali.com
>
> The Icon, Lytton Way, Stevenage, Hertfordshire SG1 1AL
>
> <https://owa.videonetworks.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://homechoice.co.uk/>
> Tiscali.co.uk <l at uk.tiscali.com>
>
> *---*

I recently had to do this for CentOS 5.4 (64 bit); I used

make top_dir=/usr/lib64/httpd

So, in your case it would probably be:

make top_dir=/usr/lib/httpd

This is, of course, assuming that you have the apache development libraries
installed. (:

This is because the build command (make top_dir=...) needs the path to the
build environment; /etc/httpd only has the runtime configuration. You can
determine this by doing 'ls /usr/lib/httpd/build', for example, mine shows:

config_vars.mk  instdso.sh  library.mk  ltlib.mk  mkdir.sh  program.mk
rules.mk  special.mk

HTH,
Jeremy Sandell