[FASTCGI] Debugging FastCGI

double ninive at gmx.at
Tue Jul 13 12:31:24 EDT 2010

Am 13.07.2010 18:08, schrieb tbandrowsky at treatyist.com:

>     I've recently written an application using the FastCGI framework
>     (in C) and
>     I've been very impressed with the speed it offers. However when I
>     went to
>     write an extension to my application I've run into some difficulties
>     debugging my code so I wanted to see if anyone here had a better
>     idea of how
>     to go about debugging a FastCGI application.

We use a quite simple workaround.
If the application runs as fastcgi (check environment) we write the
environment and stdin to files (/tmp/cgi-env.txt and /tmp/cgi-stdin.txt).
If the application runs inside the IDE, we load the environment and
stdin from these files rather than the real environment/stdin.

Greetings