[FASTCGI] Connection error running FastCGI on z/OS Apache Server

Dan StCyr - StreamFoundry d.stcyr at streamfoundry.com
Tue Sep 15 14:51:07 EDT 2009

Hello - running FastCGI on an IBM mainframe (z/OS) Apache Server - getting
this error the first time (only) each new script is accessed:

EDC8128I Connection refused. (errno2=0x120D0253): FastCGI: failed to connect
to server "/var/CMS/CMS40/cgi-bin/CMSDISP.php": connect()

Subsequent accesses to the same php script connect fine - error is only the
first time a script is accessed during the lifetime of the server.  When
this connect error occurs, the client sees an "Internal Server Error" -
retrying the request runs fine since the retry is no longer the 1st access.

Is this a known issue? Misconfiguration?  These are the updates to my conf
for FastCGI:

LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so

Alias /cgi-bin/ "/var/CMS/CMS40/cgi-bin/"

<Directory "/var/CMS/CMS40/cgi-bin">

    AllowOverride None

    SetHandler fastcgi-script

    Options ExecCGI