[FASTCGI] help me, please!

Gordon Colburn gordon at group309.com
Sat Oct 24 16:31:28 EDT 2009

I suggest you use static rather than dynamic fast cgi servers. To use static fast cgi servers, use one FastCgiServer directive for each of your three applications. FastCgiServer allows you to specify how many instances of the application to start via the –processes option. So your configuration would look something like:

FastCgiServer /var/www/fcgi-bin/aa.fcgi  -processes 20

FastCgiServer /var/www/fcgi-bin/bb.fcgi  -processes 40

FastCgiServer /var/www/fcgi-bin/cc.fcgi  -processes 50

With static servers, you will always have the maximum number of servers running, even when you have few requests, but that is probably OK; since your server must be sized for peak load, you might as well allow the peak number of processes to run at all times.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Gordon Colburn

(Sorry if this is a duplicate; I sent it a moment ago and it was rejected by the list server, so I am resending it.)

  _____