[FASTCGI] FCGI echo example unstable under load?

Matt hww at wilber.pointclark.net
Thu Jun 25 02:20:31 EDT 2009

How are you testing? Can you please explain how you set it up? I've got a 64 bit box and I'm running FCGI as well and would love to
test this out.

"isambard" <isambard1 at hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4A42794D.7080703 at hotmail.com...
I compiled the echo.fcgi example using gcc on a 64bit debian lenny box.

I then used Nginx as a webserver.

Testing the connection shows the FCGI is called and echos fine.

Using apache benchmark with -c 1 -n 1000 works fine and performance is
good. increasing concurrency to -c 10 causes problems:

on first run, everything may go well. on, say, the second run, the first
700 requests may go fast but then last few hundred take several seconds.

running again causes same problems but even slower and the application
may hang/crash (nginx still works fine). in such a case the application
dies and no data is returned.

does anyone else have the same experience or just me? I'm using
spawn_fcgi to launch the echo.fcgi process.