[FASTCGI] apache+php+fastcgi+suexec

asdasd asdasd helo23.5 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 02:49:10 EST 2009

Hi. I'm new user of fastcgi but it seems i noticed a bug in it.
FastCgiIpcDir /usr/aa
AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
FastCgiSuexec /usr/h2/bin/suexec
FastCgiConfig -killInterval 30 -pass-header HTTP_AUTHORIZATION -startDelay 3

<Location /php-fastcgi/>
Options ExecCGI
SetHandler fastcgi-script
</Location>

<VirtualHost *>
ServerAlias adres.strony.pl
DocumentRoot /home/user/public_html/
SuexecUserGroup user user

ScriptAlias /php-fastcgi/ /usr/suexec/
AddType application/x-httpd-fastphp .php
Action application/x-httpd-fastphp /php-fastcgi/fcgi

</VirtualHost>

Everything works fine with this configuration but there is a huge problem.
If I run script that will execute for 23s new fcgi childs will spawn every 3
seconds (as set in startDelay), even thou those new childs will be free.
Spawning will continue until maxClassProcessess is reached. Its like fastcgi
check only if first handler is available and will continue spawning new
halders every if they will be not busy. This is very bad because this equals
to staticly settings number of handlers. Simultaniously I can run scripts
that will execute in 1 seconds, because there are many free handlers, but if
scripts continue for more than 3 seconds new handlers are always spawned
until maxClassProcessess is reached.