[FASTCGI] Manually spawning a Windows fastCGI application

Konstantin Ivanov i_konstantin at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 24 12:23:51 EST 2009

The fastcgi website contains a C library as an example how to use the protocol. This code file (http://www.fastcgi.com/devkit/libfcgi/os_win32.c) contains example code on how to spawn a process on windows using either Named pipes or TCP for communication with the process. It is a good start, but, not to offend creators of the site and this example library, I think there is a major gap in documentation and while the this library is a good start I believe there are a lot of things that are unnecessary and overcomplicated for beginners to understand. Howard, if you have any questions I would be glad to help to my ability as I've experimented with fastcgi on named pipes and sockets. Hope the code file referenced earlier is somewhat of a help.

Merry Christmas.