[FASTCGI] FastCGI with Oracle

Tom Bowden charles_thomas at mac.com
Mon Dec 7 08:24:22 EST 2009

 From what I understand you have to specifically set any environment
variables that you want to use in the configuration (I use apache and
mod_fcgid ).

The way I look at  -- it is like the taint mode in Perl on steroids.
perl -T (or perl -w ?) will generate a warning/error if you use
relative paths or there are any environment variables that are
considered security risks in your code.  FastCgi handles it by not
letting you set ANY variables... because that would be a security risk.

There is an example in the API that covers how to set up a connection
for Oracle.  In my particular applications I have to use PGUSER and
PGDATABASE.

Tom