[FASTCGI] How to specify HTTP status with FastCGI

Alexander Galkin (Audible US) agalkin at audible.com
Fri Aug 21 11:07:52 EDT 2009

I seem not to be able to specify HTTP status line with FastCGI. I have
Apache 2.2 on Solaris 10.

If I send back

"HTTP/1.1 200 OK\nContent-Type: text/plain;charset=UTF-8\n\nDummy text"

Apache does not recognize it as valid output and sends client standard
error and I see in Apache log file

FastCGI: comm with server "/opt/apache/cgi-bin/my_test.fcgi" aborted:
error parsing headers: malformed header 'HTTP/1.1 200 OK'

I tried outher HTTP status and the same error. If I remove status line
and send

Everything works fine.