[FASTCGI] n00b question, fastcgi returning JSON

Luke Evans luke at eversosoft.com
Wed Aug 19 20:10:27 EDT 2009

OK, well I gave up on "application/json".
Google appears to serve JSON responses with "Content-type: text/
javascript; charset=ISO-8859-1\r\n" in the header, so I've gone for
that.

The header parser in the apache fastCGI module is clearly a particular
kind of beast, and it chokes in a variety of ways that cause a n00b
like myself to wonder what the heck is going on.  Also seemed to need
to restart Apache at times, after errors, but the circumstances are
lost in the fog of war.

Anyway, it seems that this all had very little to do with FastCGI per
se.

-- Luke