[FASTCGI] External Server shared socket

Ed Kenny ekenny at efsdata.com
Mon Aug 17 18:15:55 EDT 2009

My fastcgi setup has about 300 fastcgi applications running on an external
server listening on about 300 ports. Not a big deal, just a big config file.
Now I want to implement LVS with this server using 3 load balanced nodes.
Those huge LVS config files needed would be unpractical. So my question is
this: Is it possible to configure the 300 or so external server AppClass
directives to listen on a shared socket (one port)? Just using the same port
number throws the bound socket errors.

Any ideas out there?