[FASTCGI] Hello and a Threading/External Server/Win32 question

Jay Sprenkle jsprenkle at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 22:17:27 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Matthew Weigel <unique at idempot.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 17:23:34 -0500, Jay Sprenkle <jsprenkle at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I looked into lighttpd's source. The author detests windows and refuses
> > port to it.
>
> Lighttpd does not use multiple threads; it's got an event-driven
> architecture that would probably require a substantial rewrite to port
> to Windows.  Instead, the original poster might want to look at what
> php-fastcgi does to distribute FastCGI requests between multiple
> child processes.  It runs on Windows, and might correspond to what
> would be needed to distribute requests between multiple threads.
> --

I don't believe php runs on windows that way either... but then I have been
wrong lots of times.
If he can get it to work that would be great. The last I read about they had
a program that cached the php interpreter to get decent speed out of regular
cgi. It's not fastcgi but it's similar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP_accelerator