[FASTCGI] HTTP status code and HEAD request

Jay Sprenkle jsprenkle at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 15:05:02 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Alexander Galkin (Audible US) <
agalkin at audible.com> wrote:

>  I looked at the page but I didn’t find any info related to my questions.
>
> that sections explains how to return a status code. Here's the code:

The correct solution according to the HTTP specification is to
return HTTP status code 204.   As an NPH script, this would be:

	#!/bin/sh
	# do processing (or launch it as background job)
	echo "HTTP/1.0 204 No Change"
	echo

(as non-NPH, you'd simply replace HTTP/1.0 with the Status: CGI header).