[FASTCGI] fcgi_i/ostream - deprecated?

Greg Denton greg.denton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 16:59:55 EST 2008

So, I cranked up my test program for the first time and started having
intermittent problems with peek() using an input fcgi_streambuf (with
buffer) in a std::istream. It seems to skip a number of bytes every
couple of hundred requests or so. (Eddie, you were right :-|

The apache server is using mod_fcgid (http://fastcgi.coremail.cn/) not
mod_fastcgi. (This is the result of many hours googling a year or more
ago and going with the majority opinion which seemed to be that
mod_fcgid was more "reliable" under certain error conditions.)

Anyone have a guess at whether it's mod_fcgid or fcgi_streambuf (or
the combination), before I start diving into code? Thanks.